Tell Your Senators: Oppose Scott Pruitt
Please call your Senators and ask them to vote ‘no’ on the nomination of Scott Pruitt to lead the Environmental Protection Agency.
- To find your Senator, visit www.Senate.govor call the Capitol Switchboard at (202) 224- 3121. The operator will connect you directly with your Senators.
- Tell your Senator you oppose Pruitt’s nomination to lead the EPA, and ask them to vote ‘no’ when his nomination reaches the Senate floor.
- Then, call your other Senator and do the same.
Here are just a few of the reasons Pruitt is the wrong choice to lead the EPA:
- During his time as Attorney General of Oklahoma, Pruitt failed to take any action to curb increased seismic activity that geologists have linked to oil and gas fracking in the state. In September 2016, the state was rocked by a 5.6-magnitude quake which seismologists deemed the largest manmade earthquake in history.
- Pruitt has pocketed more than $325,000 from the oil and gas industry. In fact, his allegiance to big oil is so strong that one oil company executive even co-chaired his 2013 re-election campaign.
- Pruitt’s online bio boasts of his adversarial relationship with the EPA, and brags that he is “a leading advocate against the EPA’s activist agenda.” And when citizens have taken action after Pruitt failed to do so, he has pushed back on their efforts as well.
It’s difficult to imagine a more unqualified person to lead the nation’s environmental protection efforts. Threats to our climate are real, but any assertion that Scott Pruitt will deal with them responsibly is pure fiction. He cannot be trusted to guard our environment, or put public interests ahead of the oil lobby.
Join us in opposing Scott Pruitt, and tell your Senators to reject his nomination and demand a more qualified nominee to lead the EPA.
Together, we can push back against the Trump Administration’s assault on the environment.